Thursday, June 19, 2008


M.A.D

Dear Church,

I hope you were as touched and inspired as I was last Sunday watching the video clip of Dick Hoyt's dedication and love for his son. Err….I cried. Don’t laugh… many of you cried as well.

Instead of surrendering to the hopelessness of the human condition, the father and son pair were able to turn their circumstances around to touch and inspired many lives all around the world…including mine and yours.

If you examine the lapel of your DNA make-up, you will find the words 'Made in Heaven'. Furthermore you might discover some instructions telling you that you are 'Created to Touch Lives'.

Jesus affirmed it when He commanded us to touch lives just before He ascended into heaven.

Mat 28:18-20 Jesus came and told His disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. (19) Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations (or touch lives for me everywhere- Ron Hee’s interpretation), baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. (20) Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Just last week a new sister in Christ told me that my prayers for her made a difference in her business as well as in her relationship with her husband. That amazed and humbled me to think that a simple prayer offered in love can make such a difference.

I do not even remember the full name of the Hong Kong lady missionary (I only knew her as Madam Chan) who touched my life because she was daring enough to start a church in my town which was hitherto filled with hostile idol worshippers who are often her persecutors.

Hopefully, I in turn, am touching other lives and when I get to heaven, I hope someone will say, ‘I was a life that was changed (From ‘Thank you for giving to the Lord’ by Ray Boltz) and touched by God because of you.'

I borrowed the acronym M.A.D. (Make A Difference) from one of our church brothers, Jack Tan who last month, cycled 480km from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Trengganu for charity to three organisations with New Life being one of the beneficiaries. We benefited an average of RM50 for every kilometer he cycled. Not bad, eh? Our brother has caught the spirit of making a difference and touching lives.

Folks, you too are making a difference if we persevere with the spirit of love for one another and help each other grow in the Lord. Your presence, your commitment and your dedication make a difference to God’s work in building His glorious church.

Your giving is making a difference to many nations and your prayers are transforming our nation. The results of the last election did not just happened. It happened because you and I have been praying for the last seven years.

Folks, let us determine that our lives here on earth will not be lived for ourselves but like the Hoyts, let us touch lives and make a difference with our words (power of life and death), our deeds (acts of faith), our prayers (supernatural grace that can move mountains), our hospitality and friendship (‘only love can make a miracle’) and our giving (the key to an overflowing barn) etc.

Stop right now and ask God to use your life to make a difference and touch lives.

Touching Nations, Touching Lives,
Pastor Ron Hee