Wednesday, June 11, 2008


Key To Answered Prayers

The Key to Intercessory prayer is for God to get us to the place where the well-being of others is more important than your own.

Faith works through love.

The most effective prayer is one that is offered in love and compassion.

When you feel that 'cry in your heart' and not just 'words from your lips', you will have the assurance that God has heard your prayer.

A broken heart prays the most powerful prayer.

Are we willing to be brokened for others?

I recalled an incident that happened when we still had our Myanmar service in Dengkil some years back.

One of the Myanmar brothers came seeking for prayer for a huge goiter on the side of his neck.

When I saw his condition, any ounce of faith that was in me flew out of the window.

No clever sounding prayer was sufficient for the situation and subsequently my prayer was feeble and weak. However I did recall a wave of compassion came over me and all I wanted was for God to touch this man.

Many months later, I was told that this man was asking around for me and I found out that the huge goiter shrivelled up during the night after the prayer and the man received a miracle from the Lord.

That is the power of compassion in our prayers.