Wednesday, September 24, 2008




MY 51ST BIRTHDAY
The staff celebrated Pastor Yee Onn and my birthdays yesterday morning. We had a marbled and a cheesecake that tasted a bit sourish but awfully nice. I'm sure Ps Jeremiah and Ps Lawrence, two senior pastors with whom I have served together for over 25 years won't mind if I post their greetings to me here. Their comments meant a lot to me. Thanks guys!

Dear Ron,
Happy Birthday to you our dear brother!
It has been a great pleasure to have known you for all these years. There is such a testimony of victory I see in your life. You have persisted in serving the Lord and remained trusting and positive over all your challenges. You are a model. You are a quality servant of God indeed. My wife and I join together in expressing our appreciation of the spirit of care you have demonstrated to the church and us as well as the wisdom you have shown over countless situations. We say it again. We believe in you!
I pray the Lord to bless you richly in His divine empowerment and providence and would continue to volunteer our support and assistancein any way at all so that we may add to your life, family and ministry.
We pray sincerely for God to bless you. I speak blessing over you today in Jesus' Name!
Pastor J and Susan

Dear Ron,
You have a great heart for the Lord, a man of passion and a desire to serve others. You are a good friend, trusted and true. We will always stand with you and love you.
Happy Birthday,
Lip Yee and Lawrence

A church member treated me to lunch at Lafitte, Shangrila from where she also bought me a bottle of wine and a cake. Thanks, L.
Some other greetings that I have received are:
"Dear Ron, It's a joy and privilege to work with you and a humble trusted friend. May God's great loving arm cover you with His love, joy and wisdom, being blessed and be a blessing to many. Appreciate you great! Love, _ "

"Pr Ron, Thank you for always believing in me. I pray that you'll experience new level of boldness in the Holy Spirit in leading the church. Know that there are people all behind and around you. Count me in! You're made for GOLD!!! "

"You and Grace are indeed a gift to New Life. God Bless."

"You have always been more than a pastor to us"

"With much love and well wishes on this special day, from your ardent fans and friends"

"Dearest Ps Ron,
Through your words you have encouraged us,
Through your deeds of love you built us to what we are,
Through your presence we found someone to lean on,
Thank you for nurturing us, mentoring us...
Most of all, thank you for the friendship,
Happy 51st Birthday"
(P.S. I did not copy it somewhere) :-)
I was very touched by the greetings. As Ps Raymond prayed for both Yee Onn and I, my heart was so full of gratitude to the Lord for the life that He has given me. Modest by the standards of the world but I am still profoundly grateful for His mercies and His grace to me.

For helping me through so many challenges in my life.

For the wonderful church He has given me.

For my family.

For health.

For His providence.

I am forever grateful.
Bro. Frank Lim's group took Grace and I out for a birthday dinner at SuperTanker in Damansara Kim on Thursday night. I really appreciated that. The food was 'yat lau'. Thank you.
Here are some more of the many greetings I received on my actual birthday (26th September). I had no idea that our folks read the back of the church directory- I assumed that's how they discover when my birthday is:
"We value your friendship and leadership. But most of all we thank you for showing us the love of God through you. Pastor Ron, many lives have been transformed because you give them hope. Happy Birthday from...."
"Happy Birthday bro ron! No disrespect but I thght u may like take off the pastor's hat n rest (at least just a day!) god bless u richly bro n may he grants u all yr brithday gifts u would like to hv today! love...."
"Happy Happy Birthday to our dearest Pr Ron! With much love from The ......"