Friday, March 21, 2008


Supervisors' Retreat At Peacehaven
We just returned from an overnight retreat with the Supervisors. Inspite of my high standards, I must say it was a great time of bonding, fellowship, play (badminton and table tennis) and 'light-work'- great ingredients for a wonderful camp. I exhorted the team to make efforts to serve together as friends. I am a strong believer in the Spirit of God being free to move when we do not just engage our minds but we are relaxed enough with one another so that our hearts are being engaged with one another. I have experienced creative ideas being birthed forth because we do our reflection or discussion in the pool or a place where stress is reduced.

Despite the success of seeing New Life group of churches flourished, one regret of the twenty something odd years that JY, LC and I have served together is that we have not grown in our friendships. My family and Lawrence's used to go on holidays together but for some unknown reason, we have drifted apart and our relationship, although still strong, is now based mainly on our work in the church. The three of us have a wonderful working relationship with great mutual respect for one another but we have failed in the aspect of friendship. At the last R n R with the two of them, I suggested that we prioritize this aspect in our future goals. I hope it will birth forth a new generation of pastors who are friends.