Saturday, November 18, 2006


JE CHRISTIANS

The message that came out of our 'Day to Seek the Lord 2' is for the folks in New Life to go beyond a 'just enough' Christianity.
The world is full of JE Christians. A 'just enough' Christian will only do things out of convenience. He will come for meetings out of obligation and duty. He sits on the sidelines and does not risks getting too involved. You will find him sitting on the back rows of the church even if there are empty rows in front. He is saying, 'Don't expect more commitment from me'. I am busy enough. I love God and He is my priority but if there is danger, or inconvenience or it costs too much- please count me out. I give the 10% because that's in the word but don't expect me to sacrifice anymore. I attend Church but don't expect me to give more of my time. I have done enough to get into heaven . I have walked the first mile- don't force me to go the second mile. This is against the teachings of our Lord who wants us to go the second mile. Be the server and not the served.