Tuesday, October 24, 2006


TOTALLY YOURS

I have started this blog as a journal for my reflections from the my daily morning devotions with the Lord. The Lord willing, I am hoping that these reflections will be of encouragement to my beloved church folks at New Life Restoration Centre in Malaysia. The title of this blog 'Totus Tuus' is Latin and it means, 'Totally Yours'. I hope that gives you glimpse of the sincerity of my heart.

The subject of my first reflection is on the reasons why so many Christians backslide and fail in their commitment to the Lord. Selwyn Hughes (CWR) is right when he said, "Initially when we enter into a relationship with God, everything is so new and unfamiliar that we lean upon the Lord in great dependence." God's blessings soon remove our daily reliance upon the Lord to our confidence in what we ourselves can do to make things happen. This is precisely what happened to the Laodicean Church in Revelation 3. They became lukewarm because they have become dependent on their riches. Deuteronomy 8 gives us the answer- that we must remember that it is the Lord who gives us power to get wealth and thatwe must continue to worship and follow Him and Him alone. We must be 'Totally His'.